Conditions Of Hire
The contract does not take effect until we have received and accepted a completed booking form and deposit of 50% from the hirer whose minimum age must be 21 years.
- We shall not be responsible for the consequences of DELAYS or RESTRICTIONS to cruising arising from obstructions, damage or repairs to the navigation and associated structures, flooding, shortage of water, industrial action, shortage or rationing of fuel or other cause beyond our control, and we reserve the right to restrict movement of boats in the event of hazardous conditions.
- Normal BOARDING TIME for boats is 9.00 am. Instructions will be given through Sileby lock as required after which the hirer will be responsible for the boat and its equipment.
- The boat should be RETURNED at the agreed time in a clean and tidy condition. A charge of £40 per hour or part thereof will be charged for late return unless alternative arrangements are made at the time of departure. All or part of the security deposit may be forfeited if the boat is returned in an unreasonably dirty condition.
- UNSUITABLE HIRERS. We reserve the right to decline a booking or refuse to hand over a boat to any person who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge. Our boats are not available to stag parties. All male groups will not be allowed unless agreed with us in advance. Any group arriving with excessive amounts of alcohol, or drinking before the start of hire will not be allowed on the boats. In such cases any monies received will be refunded in full and the contract will be discharged without further liability to either party. We reserve the right to repossess the boat at any time where an accident or damage has occurred or in our opinion is likely to occur because of the unsuitability of the hirer or where a boat is found to have more passengers aboard than specified on the booking form, or where the hirer is causing a nuisance to the public. In such cases we shall not be liable to make a refund of any part of the hire charges or security deposit paid.
- Own EQUIPMENT. You may not take aboard without our approval, portable heating, lighting or electrical equipment or anything which may cause a danger to the boat, its occupants or equipment.
- INJURY OR DAMAGE. We are not liable for death, personal injury, or loss or damage to your property (including any motor cars left at the yard) or that of any passenger unless it is caused by our negligence or wilful default.
- BREAKDOWN. The boats are checked before each hiring. Should your craft suffer mechanical breakdown please notify us as quickly as possible so that repairs can be carried out with a minimum of delay. We shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of such breakdown.
- ACCIDENTS. You have charge of the boat and are responsible for its safe navigation. No one under 18 may control the boat without the supervision of an experienced adult. In the event of any accident involving the boat or any other craft or property it is your responsibility to establish the name of any boat involved together with the names and addresses of the owner and/or hirer, and report these facts to us as soon as possible with full details of the accident and damage. No repairs may be put in hand without our consent.
- A SECURITY DEPOSIT of £100 is payable in cash at the time of hire and provided that the boat and its equipment is returned on time, clean and tidy, without loss or damage and the craft has not been involved in any accident, the deposit will be refunded in full within 7 days of return.
- The boat is INSURED but you are responsible for the first £100 of any claim. This cover does not include personal accident, hirers personal belongings, damage resulting from speeding, lock cills or any malicious, deliberate or alcohol affected act. You are responsible for any costs arising from such incidents.
- The person in charge of the boat and at least one crew member must remain sober whilst navigating. Alcohol limits as defined by the Public Road Traffic Acts. Drunkeness and or antisocial behaviour from any crew member will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of security deposit and repossession of the boat.
- RESTRICTIONS. You should not attempt to tow other craft, cruise after dark or take part in any race. You should navigate with caution at all times observing speed restrictions, and relevant by-laws, instructions and flood advice.
Sileby Mill Boatyard Ltd
Telephone: 44(0)1509 813583
Mill Lane, Sileby, Leicester, LE12 7NF